27 May 2008

Good News

The bottom of my undergraduate degree audit says the following:

Undergrad Audit in Course 16 -- All General Institute Requirements Complete.
Complete: 17.0 GIR subjects (17 req'd) plus 210 units beyond GIRs (198 req'd)
Minor Pgm: 17 complete.


So does this mean I can graduate now? No, it doesn't--I still have over a week until I get handed my diploma. Damn you, IAP...

The Yankee win streak was stopped at five as they fell to the Orioles at Camden yesterday afternoon. But let's hope they can pick it up today. On that note, it looks like Joba Chamberlain may be starting a game sooner than expected. With his current pattern of pitching long relief, it's soon going to make more sense just to have him on the mound in the first inning. With that said, Joba could be getting his final call from the bullpen by the end of this week.

I like keeping Chamberlain in the majors for his transition; sending him to the minors would not only leave the major league club without a strong arm for a few weeks, but it may throw him off his rhythm. This new plan makes more sense. But is it happening a little too quickly? I think it needs to be played by ear. As in, if his next relief stint doesn't go to well, the FO should pull back a little. After all, with five starters in the mix as it is, I see no rush to dive into a 6-man (as Girardi suggested).

Also, Jorge Posada caught 5-innings in an extended spring training game yesterday and should be able to throw to bases by Thursday. I can't wait for the lineup when he returns to it.

-----------------------------

I arrived back home yesterday. Although it was in the 80s then and this afternoon, the temperature rapidly dropped to the 60s by 4pm. It now feels like Fall...go figure. Oh, and we're also down to one dog again. If you recall, Gypsy and Vesper had their first fight on this past Christmas. They've had many more since then, but two days ago was it. See, previously, they'd make up right away. But not this time. And with my dad recovering from his injury, we can't also have to worry about keeping the dogs separate. So mom and I took Vesper back to the animal shelter this afternoon. Oh well. I'm sure a nice family will come and get her eventually.