20 September 2008

Five quick points

Man, clearly nothing of extreme importance happened over the past week--I haven't posted a thing! But tonight, let me say a few words:
  1. This 3-day weekend (4, if you count the fact that I don't have class on Friday) is going to be a nightmare. I was busy all yesterday, busy all today, am going to Yankee Stadium for the FINAL GAME tomorrow, and will get back to campus Monday afternoon...with essentially two problem sets to begin and finish by Tuesday morning. Awesome.

  2. The Cubs clinched the NL Central this evening. As much as a 100 year anniversary with another World Championship would be poetic, I don't think I could handle the fans.

  3. Similarly, the Rays clinched their first postseason spot ever. Still I ask: who the hell are the Rays?!

  4. I've pretty much given up on the Twins. They're teasing me as the Yankees were doing earlier, and I'm not amused. I honestly don't think they'll be able to pull it together in time.

  5. Part of me wishes I went to a big sports school. I went to the Boston College vs. UCF football game today, and the atmosphere was electric. Everyone on campus wearing the same colors, people tailgating and partying everywhere, chants and legit pride showing off at the game...god I wish MIT had that!
I was being literal when I said "few". But now I must be off to bed; I have to be leaving South Station by 7am tomorrow >_<.

(And yes, I am aware that this post title sounds like a Mario 64 star.)