24 January 2008

1.24.08

Oh, imagine that. Nintendo of Japan accidentally revealed that Ness, Jigglypuff, and some new Pokemon ARE in Smash Brothers Brawl, after all. I never doubted Ness, since the idea of throwing in Lucas and leaving out his predecessor never made any sense to me. And Jigglypuff is a cult favorite, so dropping her would just be a bad move. But alas...what does it matter, anyway? It's not like the game will actually ever come out.

I've divorced myself from politics until the Democratic South Carolina primary. Especially on the left, things have gotten unbearably nasty. The Clintons should be ashamed of themselves. These personal attacks and lies are exactly why I don't want them (because Bill thinks he's running for president, too) in office again. It's the old-school, partisan, political machine that has been dividing and slowing this country for the past twenty-odd years, and I think it has done enough. On one hand, I'm happy to see Obama whip out Hillary's Iraq War vote; it's the least he can do against the lies and exaggerations of her campaign. But on the other, I hate seeing him go negative. But how long until Mrs. Clinton starts using Barack's full name in her ads? Just wait until around Super Tuesday time.

I've made my decision. I've become so disillusioned by the Clinton campaign that I an 95% sure that I won't vote for her if she is to win the Democratic nomination. McCain better pull through, because I'll need a backup or I won't be voting at all (Flip-flop Romney or the liberal version of GWB? I don't want a hand in electing either of those).


On a baseball note: looks like the Yanks are working out a 4-year deal for Cano. I like this tactic of locking up our young stars; it's more appealing than the one that involves pursuing those of other teams.

-------------------------------------

We finished the Star Wars Saga last night. In case you forgot, that means Episodes I-II, the Clone Wars, Episodes III-VI, and THEN Spaceballs (Haha, 'cause why not). Watching Lucas' story all together really gives you a greater appreciation of the intricacies of the plot and characters. For example, a chronological viewing makes Luke come off as less of his own character and more of a tool for Anakin's redemption. But I won't bore you with my analysis side tonight. Instead, I'll just say that I won't be able to remove Star Wars music or images from my head for quite some time.

Hey, imagine that! Although about a week late, spring term schedules were finally released a few days ago. I got into 24.00, Problems of Philosophy, which means that I'll be able to graduate in time! (I didn't get in by the skin of my teeth, either; out of 25 available spots, there are apparently still 17 remaining.) So my final semester at MIT will look like:
  • 18.06 (Linear Algebra, with apparently the better of the two professors)
  • 17.317 (US Social Policy)
  • 24.00
Check that out--nothing in Course 16. I was considering taking SOMETHING in the major in order to stay sharp, but then I woke up and realized the madness of that thought. Spring '08 won't be heavy in math and science, but I know I'll have lots of reading and writing to do. Ah, it will be like high school again!

(...Do I honestly believe that?)