15 April 2008

Offense!

Ian Kennedy's hit-by-liner forced him to leave the game while the pen almost blew it, but that doesn't change the fact that the Yankees scored a season high 8-runs last night against the Tampa Bay Rays. We got homers from Damon (to lead off the game), A-Rod, Ensberg, and Cano (the game winner, in fact). And we got multiple RBIs from Johnny and the newly-returned Captain Jeter. That's good stuff. And despite poor outings from Traber and Bruney, the Yanks still managed to hang on for the win. Hey, it's better than another "L" because we're not able to bring more than three to home plate...

With baby steps like these, maybe we will get through April after all.

(I'll be selfish here for a moment and claim the the victory was because I both washed my #20 jersey for the first time this season and got my new hat yesterday. I promise I'm not crazy.)

I suppose I'll share a few words on the recent drama involving the Red Sox jersey in the new Yankee Stadium that got buried and then dug up again. Personally, I had no problem with it being there; that's where the BoSox belong--under the ground and beneath us. But I suppose, in the instance that the jersey started to rot and spread its foul stench throughout the new House, it's best that it was found and removed. The amount of media attention this situation got was pretty funny, though. This is yet another reason to love baseball (and to hate the Red Sox :-)).