Although some may argue that the amount is too high, consider that Arod is worth quite a bit off the field--he brings a pretty penny to the club with endorsements, ticket sales, etc. So in a sense it was kind of a bargain. But then again, will he hold up this excitement until he's 42?
One thing's for sure: with Barry Bonds' indictment today, I can't wait to see someone legit (albeit a headcase) break the all-time HR record in the Bronx. Bring back Ruth's glory, Alex!
Also, since we're talking about baseball, congrats to Jake Peavy for unanimously winning the NL Cy Young. I was so out of the NL loop this season that I somehow missed the numbers he put up (19 W, 2.54 ERA, 240 Ks).
And in closing (for I have studying to do):
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Wed Nov 14, 11:04 PM ET
Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.
Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.
One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.
"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.
"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.
"Leave Santa alone."
Just when you thought the PC movement couldn't get any worse. I mean, heaven forbid if traditional phrases and slang terms are HOMOPHONES. Now we need to go through every nursery rhyme and remove all instances of the word "gay", lest our children start turning into homosexuals! Good grief...