07 November 2007

Hot Stove, Cold Weather

Blogspot is cool: I can make a post and give it any timestamp I wish. So definitely have some doubt if I begin predicting the future, haha. But really, the previous post was actually finished just now, yet the intent was on publishing yesterday, so I gave it that date. As for what I'm writing at the moment? I'm listing it under Wednesday, but it's actually [don't worry about it!]

The Angels came out and said that they'd be interesting in signing Arod. In fact:

Tony Reagins, who just took over as the Angels' GM, had glowing words for A-Rod.

"We had an initial conversation with Scott, and it was introductory," he said Wednesday. "He probably makes any team that he's a part of better."

Wait, huh? Come again? Reagins MUST be new if he hasn't heard of Arod's amazing feats on the M's, Rangers, and Yankees. Ask those three teams how much better he made them. Incredible. Is the Angels organization really that shallow? Oh wait...I think we know the answer to that already.

Also from the lovely Hot Stove:
  • Some GMs took a straw poll and concluded that 1) Arod will probably end up on the West Coast, and 2) no one's going to give him the money he wants. Take THAT, Alex. (But how do the GMs have time for straw polls?)

  • They also voted to look into the use of the instant replay for disputed HR calls. I can't wait until the umps step into this one.

  • The Marlins mentioned that they'd consider trading Miguel Cabrera, and bam! just like that, the Hot Stove ignited. Cash has been talking to the Marlins' GM about it, but apparently they'd want a Hughes or Chamberlain in return. Haha, I don't think so...

  • Curt Schilling took a 1-year deal with the Red Sox for $8M. I have to admire the man for being his own (reasonable) agent. But other than that, I can't stand the guy! No sir...make no mistake about it.

  • Brad Lidge from the Astros to the Phillies in a five-player deal! Perhaps he'll leave his Pujols demons with his old teammates down in Houston.

  • Speaking of that team, Roger Clemens is ready to begin a personal services contract with the Astros next season. Now, he says he hasn't necessarily retired, but apparently this contract is only supposed to begin when he decides to step off the mound for good. Call it a day, Rocket. Enjoy your life up to and beyond your arrival in Cooperstown with an "NY" on your hat. You deserve it.
As for classes?
  • Our deadline for testing in .622 is in under two weeks and we haven't started yet. Oops. Well, the good news is that our tests could be finished in under a week, easily. The bad news is that we're still having slight algorithm issues. The plan is to work these out by the weekend so we can jump into our trials.

  • We combined teams in .82 (have I mentioned that already?) and now I find myself with 17 other people. What's more, we have to basically redo everything we've been working on for the past 2-1/2 months! It's a little aggravating, but what can you do.
The temperature took a turn for the worst--I had to whip out the scarf today in order to walk to Simmons. I don't think we have to worry about any more jumps into the 80s.

And in closing: the week may be coming to an end, but the worst is yet to come. Get psyched for ALL ZETE sapping all of my free time! Wahoo!