07 March 2008

The Gold

I just got a call from a Gamestop recorded message reminding me that Smash Brothers Brawl comes out at 12:01am Sunday morning, and that they'd like to invite me to the store at 10pm on Saturday to engage in the festivities, including "trading in used games." I think I'll have to pass on that offer. At least for Harry Potter midnight releases, I'm surrounded by a diverse group of people in a large space and can pass the time by reading books. But for a video game? The small store will be full of super powernerds who will probably annoy me to no end. And if I get bored? Oh, right, I can trade in games. Like I said, thanks for the invitation, but I'll respectfully turn it down.

That being said, I do plan on picking Brawl up at midnight. I have it reserved, so I don't have to worry about getting there early or anything. I'm definitely happy about the release; I bet you'll never guess what part of it I'm most excited about. I mean, the game will probably be fun and all, but I'm the most psyched for...the soundtrack. Yes folks, the game's music is what I'm looking forwards to the most--all 315+ tracks of Nintendo nostalgia in orchestrated glory. I got a hold of the music rip yesterday, and the amount of goodness in it is unprecedented. The game will be a visual and audio experience.

I'm also looking forward to playing as the Ice Climbers again. In fact, they'll be the first characters I use. "But why would you do that," you ask, "When there are tons of new fighters?" The response is simple: I have to make sure that I can still fall back on the original mode of destruction :-).

-------------------------------------

I don't feel like going in depth with politics today, so I'll instead just post some headlines.

Clinton camp accuses Obama of 'Ken Starr' tactics

Obama aide forced out for calling Clinton 'a monster'

Obama rejects adviser's comments

Howard Dean urges FL, MI to vote again

and, outside of the election:

Bush to veto bill banning waterboarding

Maybe I'll post more coherent thoughts on these later.