More importantly is that the bus ticket cost $40, which means I have $40 less to put towards Opening Day tickets. And to think that I once said I would use any means to get to that game. I suppose, since the average tier and bleacher seat on eBay is currently going for about $125, I could cough it up...but I'd find myself in some serious debt down the road. But it would be worth it, right? Probably. We'll see how long my self-control can hold out.
On that note, why not briefly review some baseball:
Twins today--
- Despite a ST loss for the team, Boof Bonser was awarded a line of 5IP, 6H, 3ER with nine ground-ball outs. This is even better news when coupled with Livan's performance yesterday. As I said before, this Santanaless rotation is slated to be completely overshadowed by those of the other AL Central teams (you know, the ones with Sabathia and Willis), but baseball is unpredictable, after all. Early signs of consistency are always encouraging.
- The potential bad news is that Liriano's start tomorrow will determine whether or not he'll open 2008 in the rotation. Here's wishing him the best against the O's.
- Andy Pettitte missed a Minor League start because of back spasms. He says not to worry; he and the new Joe claim that it shouldn't affect his debut on April 2nd. However, in the case that it does, Joba Chamberlain may be asked to be the spot starter. But that's still somewhat unlikely, since the organization is clearly wary of breaking the new Joba Rules so soon. Thus, Igawa, Rasner, or Karstens would be more likely candidates. So let's hope Andy's ailment isn't serious.
- The Bombers were rained out and didn't play. Gotta love Spring Training.
- Morgan Ensberg was added to the 40-man roster yesterday. In hearing this news, Ensberg said he did not want to keep #21. All of the Paulie fans can now rejoice, and while they're doing so, they need to give Morgan a pat on the back for his class.
(Next up: Returning to the topic of the Steroid Era...)