27 October 2007

A Breath of Fresh Air

*GASP*

You want to know how out of it I am? I just asked my good friend Steve Carlin if today was Monday. Yes, ladies and gents, I am 100% and completely disoriented right now. That's generally what happens when:
  • On Friday, you work on grad school apps from after class until bedtime;
  • On Saturday, you spend about 9 hours in various forms of lab, working on a 16.400 project followed by making a payload system prototype for 16.82;
  • And on Sunday, you spend 7 more hours in forms of lab, working on .82, .400, AND .622 back-to-back-to-back.
Add to it that, after I got home, there was house dinner followed by a house meeting and then a brothers' meeting, and you'll understand why I have no sense of time at the moment.

The good news is that I THINK I made my workload for this week 50% less. The bad news is that I'm not in the mental state to think about it at the moment. Perhaps this rapid working ahead was a bad idea, after all.

Now let's talk Yankees. Apparently the managerial decision has been made, but it won't be announced until tomorrow at earliest (for real, this time.) Hank and Hal have been quoted saying that they like Cashman's "guy", which, if you believe the rumors, means Joe Girardi. That side of the aisle also thinks that this "wait" is actually planning for how to deal with Mattingly. Personally, I believe Girardi is the smart choice while Donny Baseball is the sentimental choice. I hope the new front office realizes that feeling don't translate into wins.

Also, on the Arod front, rumor has it that the Yanks are ready to make him a groundbreaking deal. ESPN says:

The offer could be for something in the range of five years -- beyond the three years Rodriguez is already under contract for, from 2008-10 -- and perhaps $30 million a year. The highest per-workday salary earned to date is the $28 million Roger Clemens received, in prorated salary, for a little less than four months of work this season. If the Yankees' extension offer is for something in the range of $150 million, over five years, then Rodriguez would be owed about $230 million over the next eight seasons.

Isn't that insane? But I suppose it may indeed be worth it.

However...

CNN is leaking information that Alex has decided to opt-out! No way. No f'in way. More later.