10 October 2007

Just One of Those Days

Sometimes, you know, days come along that just completely suck.

Sometimes, it's a few days.

>_<

First, we have the Yankees getting eliminated on Monday, raising tons of questions about the future of the ballclub (see yesterday). Then, in a very downtrodden mood, I went and took the GREs on Tuesday morning. Let's just say that all of the practice exams and questions weren't indicative of my actual performance. *sigh* I mean, by general standards I owned, but by personal standards...yeah. ESPECIALLY on Verbal! What happened there? Honestly, a little test score shouldn't impact my chances of getting into grad school, but I'm still considering taking them again just to make myself feel better. Grrr.

Also, Scott Boras came out and hinted that he'd convince Arod to opt-out of his contract. He also said his client is the key to Yankee success, and as such is worth as much as a billion dollars. Are you kidding me, Boras? Like, really, are you kidding me. Arod is why the Yanks are popular and profitable? Not the history of the franchise? Not the memorable players and moments? Ha. Ha. I guess he doesn't know anything about baseball. And don't even get me started on that dollar amount. At any rate, I'd have unlimited respect for Alex if he were to fire Boras and stay in the Bronx. That would be awesome.

This is a 3-day week, and you'd THINK it wouldn't be too awful. Well, we have our big concept review in 16.82 tomorrow, and after haphazardly throwing together a presentation, we went into our dry run. Ok. We KNEW we weren't going to be perfect, but for some reason, the comments we received were somewhat discouraging. Maybe this is because our professors tear students apart during presentations, and the concerns raised during the dry run made it feel like no matter how hard we try, we're going to get owned on something. Mer. That's an obnoxious feeling. It doesn't help that I'm exhausted at the moment, either.

Oh well. At least Sonic was confirmed to be in Smash Bros. Brawl.

Sonic!

But then again, this sudden influx of third party characters is kinda annoying. Will Ms. Aeris (who dies <'/spoiler>) be next to make an appearance?

Do I have any completely good news at the moment? Hmm...well Heroes and SVU are having good seasons so far. SVU, especially, was really good yesterday. But alas, that is it. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.