Yesterday, I said:
"We KNEW we weren't going to be perfect [during our .82 dry run], but for some reason, the comments we received were somewhat discouraging. Maybe this is because our professors tear students apart during presentations, and the concerns raised during the dry run made it feel like no matter how hard we try, we're going to get owned on something."
I was 100% correct. Ironically, we got owned due to taking the dry run advice! We removed the detailed technical information from the presentation because it was suggested that it was outside the scope of the CR, and what happened? We lost major points for not including detailed tech specs on our plane design >_<. That's BS, not to mention incredibly frustrating. We spent hours on number crunching, were told it was extraneous, left it out, and got penalized like we made no attempt to do anything. Lame. I think our team may take action on this. Oh, and remember Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I said back in May, when the new site went up, that the game was bound to get delayed. I still believed this when the first release date of 12/3 was announced, and I in NO way trusted the developer's incessant assertions that the game was actually done and could be released right away. Well, my suspicions have been confirmed. Turns out, the new Brawl release date is February 10th, hahahahah. Figures. And if I know Nintendo, that won't be the only delay. Damn. If Arod fires Boras, I'll go 3-for-3! (Also, I like this "labels" feature. Hmmm. Man, if only I could import the old weblog over here seamlessly.)