I guess this means I'll be making a new purchase this weekend...
Also, I'm going to a company info session tonight. It's interesting how I'm playing both the career and grad school cards, and I'm wondering if it's worth it. If I'm serious about grad school (which I am), should I be putting all of my free time towards that time sink and forget about the job search? But what if some great working opportunity comes along that enables me to get real-world experience while I pursue my masters and beyond? Decisions decisions. At any rate, I'm keeping all options open now (for better or for worse.)
Ideal situation: "Hey! We think you're great! How about working for us for this amazing salary WHILE we pay for your graduate school, too? In fact, you can do your thesis with us!"
Haha...I wish...
Well, I just sent out requests for recommendations. And in an hour, I'm going to that info session. Wish me luck!
In the news:
Bush: Threat of World War III if Iran goes nuclear
By Matt Spetalnick
2 hours, 49 minutes ago
U.S. President George W. Bush warned on Wednesday a nuclear-armed Iran could lead to World War III as he tried to shore up international opposition to Tehran amid Russian skepticism over its nuclear ambitions.
...which made me break out in laugher. Mr. Bush, there was a threat of WWIII as soon as you stepped into office. Thank you, George, for destabilizing the world by creating an America that is viewed as an international bully, and thus believes it needs nuclear weapons in order to defend itself. There is no one to blame for this other than yourself.Not to mention his use of Republican scare tactics yet again. Yeah, right...Iran is going to start a third World War with all of its allies stationed around the globe. Does he even know what he's talking about?